Integration is what the ETC is all about—pulling together the hardware, software, and processes to provide a Total Supply Chain Solution.
The ETC is a practical integration of multiple supply chain technologies. It was conceived and built to help provide value to Tompkins’ clients. Experience how this working $6 million dollar, 11,000 square foot center helps you integrate people, software and equipment to improve your supply chain.
The ETC has the industry’s best solutions for your business today and tomorrow—all under one roof.
Use the ETC for:
- Integration and testing: Compare and evaluate equipment and compatibility before implementation.
- Technology evaluation: See how material handling modules, subassemblies and software work together before installation.
- Employee training: Train employees in a live, hands-on environment for realistic operations and maintenance instruction.
- Total supply chain support: The Tompkins Support Center staff provides coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week with access to your facility hardware and software.
Your supply chain is your lifeline. How you manufacture, store and move materials should be proven, nimble and smart. At the Tompkins Emerging Technology Center (ETC), you can evaluate and test supply chain technology solutions at no risk before you invest time and money. The ETC focuses on technologies such as RFID, voice-activated picking and real-time warehouse controls.
See firsthand how the ETC’s integrated equipment, technology, training and support can work together to improve your total supply chain and bottom line. Only a fully functional, automated warehouse like the ETC allows you to test live solutions while maintaining ongoing operations.
The Latest Equipment and Technology
Compare different types of technology and material handling equipment to choose the best solution. The ETC includes:
- Motorized drive roller (MDR)
- Multiple sortation systemsEmerging Technology Center
- Multiple storage modules
- Horizontal carousels
- Vertical lift unit
- Wireless network/RF Devices
- Voice directed, pick-to-light, and RF order picking
- Optical barcode scanners and vision system
- In-line manifesting system
- Supply Chain Execution Systems integrated with the material handling systems
- Tompkins Control System middleware application
- User-friendly graphical user interface for software and controls
- RFID conveyor scan tunnels and floor portals
- RFID automated label applicator