Distribution Center (DC) and Fulfillment Center (FC) operations are central to every supply chain. Driven by constantly changing markets, customer demands, and technologies, the right strategy for modern distribution and fulfillment center operations requires a sophisticated understanding of end-to-end supply chains.
Better Design = Superior Value
At Tompkins, we have a phrase that describes our approach to DC/FC design: “More Thought, Less Steel”. If you want costly DC/FC designs recycled from someone else’s facility, look elsewhere. Our DC/FC solutions are customized to your needs and value-engineered from the ground up.
We start by listening to you and understanding your business. We identify your unique needs and evaluate multiple solutions to determine the optimal layout, equipment, technology systems, automation, and labor requirements in order to provide you with the best capabilities and value over the life of the facility.
In our age of fast-paced eCommerce, multi-channel and omni-channel distribution, and tech-driven supply chain visibility, the right distribution and fulfillment strategy is more critical than ever to your company’s success. Today’s organizations face numerous challenges:
- How can we update our operational designs to meet the ever-changing mix of distribution channels?
- Are our operational contingency plans up to date?
- Does the age or condition of our equipment and/or IT systems put our uptime at risk?
- Are we ready for disruptions from natural disasters? Power outages?
- How can we maximize employee retention?
- How can we improve our staffing plans and temporary worker onboarding?
- How do we improve quality control? Safety? Security? Training? Throughput?
- How can we best meet our peak demand requirements?
- What level of automation is possible in our facility or facilities?
- What’s the best way to balance operations among facilites?
- How quickly can our infrastructure respond to changes in our market(s)?
- How can we lower operational costs and energy inputs?
- What return on investment can I expect from new technologies and automation?
- What technologies will have the greatest positive impact for my facility?
- How can I make the most of my existing material handling infrastructure?
Don’t let the current state of your DC/FC operations hold your business back. Get in touch with us; you’ll be amazed by what you can accomplish with Tompkins’ as your partner.
Our Distribution Operations services include: