Dimension: Supply Chain Consulting
Position Type: Exempt, Full time
Purpose: Provides an increasingly visible role in helping to provide solutions to complex issues, while recognizing supply chain inadequacies.
Organizational Relationships: The Project Consultant reports to his/her Manager for assignment and Project Manager(s) during projects. This position involves extensive interaction with employees in all Tompkins practices, offices, alliance partners and Tompkins’ clients.
Essential Job Functions:
**Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties to this position at anytime.
- Assists with Supply Chain Assessments with the purpose of generating conclusions and recommending alternatives
- Supports Project Objectives by performing analyses and interpreting graphical information
- Contributes to project development by actively participating and/or conducting in client presentations and meetings
- Supports client development by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with potential, current, and former clients
- Contributes to the achievement of company-wide revenue goals by pursuing follow-on projects with current and former clients
Additional Job Functions:
- Performs organizational development duties by researching and writing articles for publication as well as preparing and presenting Tompkins Internal projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other related Engineering degree
- 5+ years industry experience
- Exposure/experience in the Aerospace industry a plus
- Adequate competency of MS Access, MS Excel, MS Project, VISIO flow chart software, and familiarization of simulation software
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively under time constraints
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (60 to 80%)
Excellent Benefit Package:
- 401k Plan
Tompkins Solutions is a supply chain consulting and implementation firm that maximizes supply chain performance and value creation. We enable clients to be more profitable and valuable, while also becoming more agile, flexible, and adaptive to the marketplace. Tompkins collaborates with client teams to develop improved operations strategies, supply chain planning, and execution across all the Mega Processes of supply chains (Plan – Buy – Make – Move – Distribute – Sell).