Dimension: Supply Chain Consulting Services
Position Type: Exempt, Full time
Purpose: Provides an increasingly visible role in helping to provide solutions to complex issues, while recognizing operational inadequacies. Provide data analysis and layout/design support to project teams.
Organizational Relationships: The Project Consultant reports to his/her Business Unit Manager for assignment and Project Manager(s) during projects. This position involves extensive interaction with employees in all Tompkins dimensions, offices, and Tompkins’ clients. At times, this position may interact with vendors and business partners.
Essential Job Functions:
**Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties to this position at anytime.
- Assists with Operational Assessments with the purpose of generating conclusions and recommending alternatives
- Supports Project Objectives by generating data analysis, including order profiles, storage profiles, pareto analysis and interpreting graphical information
- Contributes to project development by actively participating and/or conducting in client presentations and meetings
- Supports client development by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with potential, current, and former clients
- Contributes to the achievement of company-wide revenue goals by pursuing follow-on projects with current and former clients
- General knowledge of material handling and storage equipment used in warehouses and distribution centers.
Additional Job Functions:
- Performs organizational development duties such as research in support of articles/white papers for publication as well as preparing and presenting Tompkins Internal projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other related Engineering degree
- 0-4+ years industry experience
- Adequate competency of MS Access, MS Excel, MS Project, VISIO flow chart software, AutoCAD and familiarization of simulation software
- Proficiency in developing labor standards, familiarity with pre-engineered standard data system (MOST) a plus.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively under time constraints
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (70% to 80%)
Tompkins Solutions is a supply chain consulting and implementation firm that maximizes supply chain performance and value creation. We enable clients to be more profitable and valuable, while also becoming more agile, flexible, and adaptive to the marketplace. Tompkins collaborates with client teams to develop improved operations strategies, supply chain planning, and execution across all the Mega Processes of supply chains (Plan – Buy – Make – Move – Distribute – Sell).