WMS Selection and Implementation
The WMS selection and implementation led to a strong, long-term partnership and has increased warehouse efficiency.
- An integrated logistics services provider (LSP) aiding companies through public and contract warehousing, distribution, logistics, value-added packaging, supply chain design and foreign trade zone services.
- This LSP was running with limited resources and needed expert advice on selecting and implementing a new warehouse management system (WMS) across its entire network.
- Determine the best WMS solution provider and manage oversight during the implementation phase.
- Select and implement a WMS application in the LSP’s facility in an extremely aggressive time frame.
- Assist other facilities to be fitted with the application as needed.
- A strong strategic partnership with long-term WMS provider, as well as a Tier 1 WMS solution with name recognition, which is expected to drive client acquisition.
- The capability to quickly slot new client products into existing and new facilities.
- The intuitiveness of the new system, as well as the focused training documentation provided by Tompkins, allowed for an orderly start up.