Strategic Market Planning focuses on the critical management areas affecting a company’s long-term growth strategy. Before a growth strategy engagement, Tompkins facilitates a management discussion to flush out a focus for the team, including answering questions such as:
- Is your strategy for growth well defined and supported by a robust process?
- Is there management consensus around your growth vision?
- Do you have a specific understanding of where incremental growth will come from?
- Do you have a long-term view of your industry’s direction, opportunities and threats?
- Can you reach your growth goal organically, or is acquisition necessary?
- Do you have a deep understanding of your competition and relative market position?
- What is the importance of international expansion to your growth agenda?
- How do you develop “blue ocean” opportunities?
- Is your growth strategy aligned with available capital and organizational resources?
- Are you aware of opportunities for disruptive strategies?
Through roundtable discussions, we help you develop an opportunity mapping process and develop a research plan. Effective growth planning identifies addressable opportunities which leverage your company’s strengths and assets.