Warehousing, Distribution, and Fulfillment
Improved service, reduced costs and enhanced performance are the goals of all warehousing, distribution, and fulfillment operations. Using these areas for competitive advantage in the warehouse, DC and fulfillment center requires real focus on proper planning and continuous improvement.
Warehousing, Distribution, and Fulfillment Solutions
Tompkins’ expertise can carry the warehouse from the initial planning stages through the implementation process, using proven warehousing, fulfillment, and distribution solutions. Tompkins provides on-site management of the entire implementation process to maintain quality, schedule and cost conformance. Tompkins’ approach to implementing solutions ensures project success. Implementation support is provided in the following areas:
- Strategic Planning—Selecting the most efficient storage designs, material handling systems and warehouse management systems to ensure peak operations performance.
- Design and Implementation—Creating, maintaining and administering budgets and schedules; assisting with obtaining proper permits; overseeing installation; developing product slotting configurations for maximum material handling and storage efficiency; conducting equipment acceptance testing and providing start-up support when operations go live.
- Network Configuration—Determining the number and location of distribution centers, fulfillment centers, and manufacturing plants.
- Site Selection—Evaluating existing structures and greenfield sites, utilities, fix-up costs, gradability, support services, community desirability and incentive packages.
- Construction Services—Providing total project management for facility construction and renovation, including site selection, construction team selection and on-site project management.
- Systems Integration—Seamlessly integrating computerized and manual warehousing systems through system configuration and set up, acceptance testing start-up and implementation.
- Inventory Management—Analyzing inventory levels throughout the supply chain.
- Transportation System Planning—Selecting the best transportation configuration and suppliers to minimize costs.
- Maintenance—Turning the maintenance operation into a profit center by improving product quality, utilization of equipment operators, overall equipment effectiveness, throughput capacity and equipment life.
Fully implemented warehousing, distribution, and fulfillment solutions typically provide a range of savings of 10-30 percent in annual distribution center variable costs over current operations and client satisfaction improvements in key performance indicators.
More From Tompkins
How to Contact Us
Want to get in touch with Tompkins International? Click here to see how to contact us.