The surge in E-commerce brings good news and bad news for retailers, consumer products and other companies – more customer orders, great for business. Overloaded, stressed operations … not great for business. If you’re struggling to keep up with online demand, it’s time to rethink your plans for order fulfillment. The strategy needed for a successful fulfillment center is not the same as for a traditional distribution center.
If you are having trouble viewing the video, please click here to view with an alternative video player.
Watch this video on Fulfillment Centers & E-commerce to learn more about:
- The real differences between distribution and fulfillment centers;
- How to boost your online order fulfillment;
- Why business strategy has to come before network structure;
- How enhancing your packing operations can be a throttle for the entire fulfillment process; and
- Why flexibility may be a better solution than automation at high volumes.
Achieving the right fulfillment center capabilities will put your company ahead of the competition and allow you to thrive in this new customer-driven environment.
All of the information in this presentation is the result of Tompkins International’s research of public information. There is no information presented that comes from any proprietary source. Tompkins International does not discuss information about their clients unless that information has been published.