Turnkey Distribution Center & Warehouse Management System Implementation
By adding a well-designed distribution center and integrating the new WMS with the Tompkins Warehouse Control System, this clothing company increased capacity more than five times and reduced labor by at least 30%.
- An innovative designer, marketer, and distributor of premium quality young men and women’s clothing, accessories and related products.
- The company has undergone tremendous growth in its short history, and double-digit growth was outstripping existing distribution capacity. For continued business success, they needed additional staff and capacity in their Southern California facility.
- Legacy software systems also had very limited distribution capabilities, and a more automated, high-volume operation was required.
- Implement turnkey integration of processes and equipment for a 165,000 square-foot distribution center (DC).
- Develop a strategic master plan to define distribution requirements and determine the optimal design and operation procedures for the new facility.
- Provide a detailed design of operations, equipment and systems for the new DC, including a new automated fulfillment system and shipping sortation system.
- Select and integrate a leading Warehouse Management System (WMS) to contain the design of new processes and achieve better efficiencies.
- Manage procurement and turnkey installation of all material handling equipment components as well as overall facility implementation.
- Enabled continued growth, successfully addressing increasing customer demand with a high level of accuracy.
- Designed and implemented a new 165,000 square-foot facility.
- Selected and implemented a WMS that meets the future needs of the manufacturer.
- Seamlessly integrated equipment controls with the new WMS and business systems via Tompkins Warehouse Control System (TCS) to provide timely and accurate information flow across the systems.
- Reduced labor more than 30% and increased capacity over five times their previous facility.